Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cassie is ten months old, weighs 496 grams and her favorite food is cat food!
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! My hedgehog, Cassie is very healthy other than this one little thing. I’ve noticed her nose is a bit runny. It does seem she has been licking her nose a lot because her nose area is pinker than usual. This only happened twice this week but I just wanted to make sure she was okay. She has none of the other symptoms of upper respiratory infection. I searched it up on google and all that it showed was stuff about upper respiratory infection. I’m pretty sure that she doesn’t have it but I still thought it would be good to make sure! Thanks!

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
559 Posts
Maybe allergies? I know it's allergy season here in Colorado and our dog has pretty bad allergies as well lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maybe allergies? I know it's allergy season here in Colorado and our dog has pretty bad allergies as well lol
Great! Her nose is a bit crusty today and as I was writing this, she sneezed. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow to be safe though.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
559 Posts
Ok, sounds good! I hope it is just allergies :) Aren't hedgehog sneezes so cute though?!?! <3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, sounds good! I hope it is just allergies :) Aren't hedgehog sneezes so cute though?!?! <3
Yes, they’re so cute! Sometimes she sneezes when she sniffs something and it’s adorable!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, they’re so cute! Sometimes she sneezes when she sniffs something and it’s adorable!
Just got back from the vet and all is good! He said that something irritated her nose like dust or detergent and that was causing the runny nose and sneezing!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Glad it's not an infection!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts