Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
My little hedgie came into my life a little over a year ago. I did some reading up before I actually got her, so I knew at least a little of what I was getting into, but I definitely don't know everything.
She's seemed healthy during the time I've had her, and she still seems healthy now (eating regularly, running on her wheel for hours on end), but yesterday when I gave her a bath, I noticed some fuzz from the hat (stocking cap) that she sleeps in stuck to one of her toes on her back foot. After a little fussing from her, I carefully got it off and I took the hat away from her. The rest of the toenail is dark and not at all like her other toes. When I looked up infected toenails, there was description of ooze and discharge, but she doesn't have that.
I also changed her bedding and I've been cleaning her wheel as much as possible.
Should I take her to the vet?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hedgehogs can have problems with blood circulation in their feet and sometimes this can cause a toe to loose circulation and the toe can die. I don't know what they do about that and that might not be the problem.
You might want to take her to the vet just to be sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts