Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I've only had Lewie (Ludwig) for a little under a week and can't help but notice the skin near his ears seem a little pinker than everywhere else. I might just be over cautious, but I'd rather be over than none.
He has carefresh bedding, but I'll soon be switching over to liners. He plays in his toilet paper tubes, and I sorta wonder if that contributes to the pinkishness. I only let him play with tubes when he's out of the cage, but could that be it? Maybe the change in environment? He doesn't freak out when I pet around there so I don't believe it's sore.

Any advice is welcome.
Thank you,
Katie

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm not totally sure, but it might just be the coloring. One of my hedgehog had black ears but no pink, but he's an adult. My baby has one black ear one white ear and the white ear is pinky. Yours looks like the tip of his ears area black with white centers, so I'm sure the pink is just from the thin skin on the ears. If you are worried soothe them with flaxseed oil. If you've none on hand coconut or olive oil will do as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts