Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would just like to start out this post by saying this is just a question regarding curiosity and not really because I have any concerns. I have currently had my hedgehog for 4 months, he is six months old. Ever since I got him he has had some green poop. Not all of it is green, but sometime there is one to two green pieces and all the rest are the regular brown color. Sometimes there are even pieces that are part brown and part green. I have spent several hundred dollars in vet bills trying to find out the cause of this. We initially did a parasite and salmonella fecal test. The salmonella test came back negative but the parasite test showed the presence of round worms. I was already dosing him with revolution once a month to prevent (not treat) mites and the vet read a study saying revolution kills round worm so she just recommended that I keep dosing him. One month later another test showed no presence of round worms. He has always been happy (at least after he wakes up), active and has never acted or showed any other symptoms of being sick. Maybe this is just normal for him?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts