Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Well I have some bad news. My girl Adrian has crossed over to the rainbow bridge. :cry: My step-sister was playing with her while I was gone and she forgot to put the top back on her cage. Adrian escaped and we couldn't find her anywhere. Both me and my step-sister stayed up until 6 am four nights in a row searching for her. We set out food and water in every room in the house, hoping she would come out and get something to eat and drink. No food was ever taken the next mornings. There were no signs of her, no poop, pee, or anything. So now it has been a week and we have presumed her dead. I think she died of hibernation, since the first night she was lost our heater quit working and it was in the mid 60's. I've already sent out the Rainbow Bridge Survey to the HWS. Adrian was my best hedgehog and was so incredibly sweet and had given birth to two healthy litters. She was my girl who I got on camera giving birth. Here are some pictures of her:

and heres the birthing video:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm sorry :(

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I'm sorry to have to ask this but do you smell her? If not, assume she is still alive and search search search for her.

Block off each room so she couldn't go in or out and start in the room she went missing from. Look everywhere. Get under the bed and look up in the box spring, under the dresser, in each and every dresser drawer and pull out every piece of clothing. What room did she go missing in? Could she have gotten down stairs, under the stove, fridge, washer or dryer? What about big speakers, some of them have large holes that a hedgehog could get in. Look in and under all cabinets, up inside couches and chairs. Be careful pulling things out.

Don't give up on her. Being a week is not promising but until you find her there's always hope.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No we havn't smelt anything yet. We hav turned our house upside down searching for her! We have a big house so finding her is near impossible. She escaped in our basement, which is pretty much just an open room. Isn't it impossible for a hedgehog to live more than 3 days without water? I've checked under and behind all the appliances in our house. Not only that if she is still alive, wouldn't she be searching for food and water at night? Our little yorkie hates the hedgehogs and at the very sight of one goes balistic and starts to bark and scratch at the floor (she wouldn't hurt them though, shes terrified of them), if Adrian is alive our dog would have picked up on her by now. I don't mean to sound so negative, but it seems hopeless. :cry: :(

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If anyone was wondering (I just found out today), they did find Adrian. She had a litter about a week ago but the babies didn't make it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks for the update LG! i was hopeing they would find her ALIVE! too bad about the babys though, :| but at least she is okay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts