334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how many hedgehogs on HHC use a litter-box. :mrgreen:

Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How many hedgehogs use a litter-box?

There is also another poll for litter brands if you don't mind to answer that one also. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I realized that many people have more than one hedgehog so I added a couple options to include those people. It also reset the poll! :oops:

Sorry!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Mine uses his bathroom area, its not actually a litter box but folded papertowels in a corner. He always goes on them though and I hardly ever have to pick one off the liner. Makes cleaning easy cause I pull the papertowels out and all the mess is gone, he doesn't mess his wheel and will actually stop and go to the bathroom on the papertowel. I lucked out big time even though I was prepared if he didn't. He's very very clean and the only thing that would let someone know he was up is a few crumbs by his bowl and his top papertowel messed up lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Usually when I play with Harley on the living room floor I pull his litter box out of cage for him to use but last night I put out a small corner litter box and he used it right away! So proud of my little man :) I wasn't sure if he would use it becuase it was unfamiliar but looks as though he truly is litter trained!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Now I don't want to lie because Miss Muffet actually uses her litter box but she "does her duty" on her wheel as well! :lol:

~Melissa

·
Registered
14 Posts
my little peach uses it when he is in that compartment of the cage... he has an upstairs and a downstairs... but when he is upstairs he goes in his igloo (he is supposed to sleep there.. but apparently the vinyl tubing is a better bed)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quinn uses her litterbox nearly exclusively, almost never poops in her wheel and never ever go to the bathroom when outside her cage.

I'd say she's a very clean and sophisticated lady, but then she also likes to roll in her litterbox or dig under the paper towel before she does her thing so...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
No. Quigley does have a potty corner which he uses exclusively but if I put a litter box or paper towel in it he uses a different corner. :roll: However I'm very glad that I don't have a poop covered wheel to clean every morning.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I really enjoy reading the results of these polls. I think I seen some in the past about bedding, dish vs bottle and stuff like that but it would be neat to see what the current results are :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hedgieonboard said:
I really enjoy reading the results of these polls. I think I seen some in the past about bedding, dish vs bottle and stuff like that but it would be neat to see what the current results are :)
Did you vote on type of litter used? Please do if you have not, it's not as popular as this poll. :(
The results are very interesting! Thank you everyone for taking the time to vote and also give comments. :)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yes, I voted on both :) I voted that yes mine uses litter and that my choice of litter is papertowels. I'm glad you did these polls I love seeing the results.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish I was smart enough to have been able to get them on the same thread!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts