Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like every one to see and welcome Prick to the forums. He is an Lageruan Gray, his father is Ocotillo and his mother is Calla Lilly.

Here's a picture of me holding him in what was once my shirt, now his blanket,

And heres a picture of my girlfriend holding him

He is still a bit jumpy when I look into his cage but I know this is all new to him so I'm giving him a few days to adjust. I even dropped a dead meal worm into his cage next to his water dish for him.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Re: Please welcome the newest hedgi to the forums.

Oh my! Whay an adorable baby!!!!! That little one would love living with me. Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Mentally plans next upcoming hedgienapping trip...................................

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts

He is adorable. Such a tiny boy. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts

he is adorable!!! congrats!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

numothehedgehog said:
PixiesExoticHedgies said:
Litch said:
his father is Ocotillo and his mother is Calla Lilly
Gorgeous little hedgie, you got there!
And I even know WHERE he came from. :)
Hes from your stock?! :eek:
Either she knows the person who took care of his parents or they both traded hedgies for breeding purposes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
laurennicole said:
how is he settling in??
Just fine. If I pick him up from his cage he gets a bit defensive but once I pick him up he slowly uncurls. I took him on a small walk and he did just fine.

My only concern at this point is how will my dogs great him.

·
Registered
309 Posts
my small dog tried to eat my hedgie... then realized that if he wasn't careful it would be the other way around!
Roar!Attack of the HEDGEHOG! hah it was cute though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
one day when i first got my hedgie (she came in a tuperware container and it did not have a lid)and i set her cage in the floor in my room and i shut the door and went to sleep. i woke up to my my dog (standard poodle) crying. I ran to see why and he had gotten poked on the nose by my hedgie cause i guess he was trying to kill her. my dad gets up in the morning and geos to work and my small elder dog sleeps on my bed so when he got up he took him to go potty and forgot to shut my door so thats how my dog got in my room. i bet my dog buddy will never try to do that again :lol: . but he was fine just his pride got hert and my hedgie bessie was fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well today I let the dogs see Prick and my little dog wanted a closer look and so did my big dog. My mom didnt think that was such a good idea so I took prick back to my room. Hunter (my big dog) wanted to come in so I let him come in and sniff him. he got pretty close and then open his mouth. I didnt know if he was going to bite Prick or if he was just panting but i told him no and to get out.

How can I socolize them without having the dogs try to bite him?

If it matters Hunter is a pure breed black lab and Lady (the little dog) is a terrier schnauzer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts