Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! So I'm new to this. I just got my first hedgehog as a gift about 3 weeks ago. I named him Sonic! I was told he's 8 months old and is a male. I'm not exactly sure how to tell if that's correct though..Anyways, today I was holding him and noticed a little lump on his belly near his back legs. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before. And I'm not sure what is is.. As i said he is my very first hedgehog and I'm just very concerned as to what this may be, and i don't know what to do! my first hedgie :confused::?: Here are some pictures to look at!!!!! Please help! I will highly appreciate it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Yep, that's how you tell it's a boy.

That is basically...without getting to graphic, the opening where it would come out.

He's cute thought!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ah, if you mean the parts below the belly button looking thing, those are his family jewels as Alex put it. My boy is pretty well endowed too. They are definitely bulgier than I have seen on other male hedgehogs.

If neither of those things are what you are talking maybe an arrow pointing it out might help. :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I couldn't figure out where the lump was till I started reading posts..:lol: too funny ... Desireem81 might be right I think we need a arrow. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts