Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was letting Coraline lie on my tummy and she started lying on her back with her stomach exposed, when I went to pick her up she wasn't moving her eyes were closed, it was almost like "dead sleep" that ferrets go through. I thought she was dead... Should I be worried. I was planning on taking her to the vet just for a check up since I haven't since buying her, but this scared me to death.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I almost had a heart attack.

By the way she seems fine now she ate and is lying in her house now, but I am terrified to go to sleep now. She has never done that once since I bought her. :[

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Not only do hedgehogs have the scream of death, they also have the sleep of death. Both are designed to give their owners heart failure. I'm sure she is fine, just keep an eye on her for a few days for anything out of the ordinary. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luckily I have never heard her scream, but she seems just fine now. She was running about all morning while I was getting ready for school and she ate also all of the food I had out for her. She just gave me a scare. D:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts