Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an unrelated pair of egyptian long eared hedgehogs which are around about 3, ive had them for a year and they are very happy and well looked after, the female is desperate to be mated and constantly harrases the male but to no avail. He shows no interest.....
any suggestions ??????? i would love for them to mate as the market is shy off long eared and they are fantastic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's the same but I cannot find any reliable sound information, in truth I bought them to breed and am an avid reptile entheusiast who wanted to try something different , my son and I love them to bits so would never part with them , it's a shame it is the male denying the female as I'm certain despite age she would conceed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate everybodys advice and I will not persue them to breed my wife, son and myself love them dearly, it is me that is to fault as I have been responsible for captive breeding hundreds of different reptiles to help evade the animals being wild caught or miss sold and just decided to realm into the wonders if the small mammals as am wildlife mad.
They are incredible and I would still like the opertunity to try a younger pair at a later date but not be misled into buying a potentail breeding pair which are well over aged, on another note please advise to how and when/ why u should bath them as it would appear that this is something I should be undertaking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am waiting for sky to connect my Internet which would take forever and I keep trying to upload pics from my iPhone but am unable, you are more than welcome to look at my facebook which has pics on it and I will add a load more this weekend, thank you all for being so helpful and supportive .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.