Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently got Porridge at 6 weeks old from an exotic animal pet store and she is now 7 weeks old. I’ve had her for about 6 days and she hasn’t wheeled tonight (writing this at 2:11AM in the dark bc I’m worried ahh). Her temperature in her cage reads 74.5, she has a blanket that she’s currently hiding under, and she ate her cat+hedgehog mix food (transitioning her slowly to cat kibble) and drank water tonight too. I also have a CHE lamp that I use when it gets to about 71F. I did clean her wheel off bc of her poop last night but she used the wheel when I cleaned it off the other night as well, is it normal for baby hedgies to miss a night of wheeling or is there something I’m doing wrong?

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,169 Posts
Did you use anything scented when you cleaned the wheel that could put her off?

It is possible for them to have "off nights" where they dont wheel or wheel less, especially when they are young.
It can last a few nights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you use anything scented when you cleaned the wheel that could put her off?

It is possible for them to have "off nights" where they dont wheel or wheel less, especially when they are young.
It can last a few nights.
Update: I heard her use her wheel at about 4AM, it was a little less than usual but I’m glad she used it!

I use the Nature’s Miracle for Small Pets, but after I clean it I usually let it sit for about an hour before I put in back into her cage. I’ve used it twice so far and only with minimal amounts. I did make a little dig box for her with 1-inch pieces of fleece and little fleece roses where she could find pieces of fruit, and she was in there for a little bit before bonding then bed time.

I didn’t know that little ones could skip wheeling some nights, she is also quilling so I wonder if that may have affected it, thank you for the help ! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts