Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i’ve been very sleep deprived and overworked this week. I was doing Harrington’s weekly cage deep clean, and had her on the ground next to me rolled up in her sac and some blankets. I was filling her litter pan when I went to sit down, and realized after 30 seconds that I had just sat down directly onto her. I quickly picked her up in her sac and she unrolled. She sneezed blood from what I assume was her quill poking her nose when she got squished. I went to clean her up and her bleeding stopped within 10 seconds or so of wiping. She sounds congested, but her breathing isn’t labored. She’s also sneezing a bit, maybe once every half an hour, it’s becoming less. Her walking is fine, and she was excited still to eat worms and burrow as usual. I’ve placed her in her smaller traveling cage, and have her in my room tonight for monitoring. Besides taking her to a vet as soon as I can, is there anything I should do? She seems fine, and not in shock. We will be scheduling a check up, but would it be better to take her to an emergency clinic ASAP?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: she’s running on her cage, maybe a little slower than usual. But she seems in good condition if she’s running and exploring her cage. No signs of anymore external bleeding at the moment
Hedgehog Head Domesticated hedgehog Erinaceidae Eye
here’s my sweet girl everyone

· Registered
178 Posts
Have you gotten her into a vet yet? I would be worried about broken ribs, other broken bones, or internal bleeding. Based on what you've described it thankfully doesn't sound like anything is seriously damaged as she's still moving and eating, but definitely get her in to see a vet ASAP. If it's more than a couple days wait, take her to the emergency vet. Monitor her closely. Better safe than sorry. Hope everything is okay <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts