Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a plastic container for my hedgie, and i was just wondering what watt the cermaic heat emitter needed to be. my dad has this stupid habit of turning the thermostat down to 70 a lot so i loaded my hedgie's cage up with a shirt of mine and some fleece along with her fleece liner so she stays pretty warm, but i just wanna be sure she stays warm and all that. and i guess i just need the info on what all i need to do to keep her cage warm for her. do i need the CHE and a thermostat or what? but yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated. :mrgreen: oh, and where should i put the CHE when i get it. i'm planning on stacking another cage on top and making her a tunnel, and the top part is gonna be her bedroom area :p so should i put it there or on the lower part with her wheel and food and stuff? thanks! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrighty, so what should i use? just a little heater on the outside or something? i just need some ideas on what i need for her. thank you so much for your reply! :)

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
the best way to heat a bin type cage is with a space heater that will heat the whole room, this is especially true if you do put a second level on as it is the only way to keep both levels at the same temp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts