Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my hedgehog about 3 weeks ago. She was only 4/5 weeks old so I know she was young when I got her.

Recently she has started quilling and I see new quills coming up but Im little concerned because she has shed all of her hair on her belly.

Is that normal? so they just shed and regrow?

I know I should take her to the vet BUT I live in China and don't have any trustworthy hedgehog vets that I know of at the moment.

She has been in super stressful situations of the last couple of weeks and my upstairs neighbors are remodeling so drilling, pounding, and all the loud noises are happening.

*She is eating, pooping and peeing normally. She still hasn't quite gotten use to her wheel yet. but She eats crickets, mealworms, chicken, eggs, carrots. She ate a strawberry once but then never again. She makes huffing noises when I get home but once she is relaxed and crawling all over the place makes cute little squeak noises.*

Any advice? I can order things online to help her but Im new at this so online is really all I have at the moment.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Can you post a picture, by any chance? It might just be related to the quilling or normal shedding, but it is a bit unusual for them to shed all of their fur without growing it back at the same time. Does she have any bare patches in her quills?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts