Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my hedgie for almost a year now, but I can't seem to figure out what his personality is. I've heard lots of people on the forums talking about how their hedgehog pulls around a blanket, or hangs out with a stuffed animal, or even uses those plastic dump trucks. So far, my hedge has no interesting quirks! Don't get me wrong, I love him to death! What could I do to make his interesting side pop out? ( He doesn't like different or new foods, he won't play with old or new toys, he won't even cuddle with me if I'm wearing a different shirt!)

·
Registered
166 Posts
It sounds to me like his personality quirk is loving things the way they are. :lol:

Hedgehogs are like people; Some of them are funny and strange, while some of them are pretty much normal. It goes the same for other personality traits: Some hedgies are mean, shy, impatient, sleepy, etc, while others don't have such distinct traits. They all have their own unique personality, but sometimes that personality is that of a quiet, schedule-loving, mind-his-own-business kind of hedgie. :D

Just keep loving him no matter what :p

·
Registered
259 Posts
Haha! I was thinking the same thing! It seems to me that he is perfectly content. He obviously likes the food you feed him and he likes your smell (that must comfort him as well) and has no intent to change a thing! lol :lol:

You're obviously giving him a good life and lots of love and you've got yourself a happy hedgie!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you tried letting your hedgie play with toilet paper tubes? They're about the only thing I can get Pokey to play with consistently and he uses the cat ball on rare occasions(he seems to like both at once better though, head in one end of the tube and the ball in the other :D )

·
Registered
152 Posts
My guy doesn't want me to know he has a personality haha. All day he will stay inside his igloo or in a shirt sleeve but once I turn the lights out, I hear the wheel spinning, the balls in the cage rolling around, and eating. Its actually funny. Its like a pattern. He will go on the wheel then to his food bowl, the water bottle, back to the wheel, then to the food bowl then the water hahaha. ALL NIGHT.

What I do is make sure hes not in the cage much at all when I am home unless he just went to sleep. I pick him up with a small towel and wrap him up and hold him in it. He loves it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.