Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will write more when I can bare to, but I am frankly a mess right now.

We assisted our lovely lady in crossing over today at 3:45pm.

Rest in Peace my sweetest one.

February 16, 2008- April 26th, 2010

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am sorry for your loss.
Our Hedgehogs are the world to us and loosing them either to old age or sickness is really hard.
May she Rest in Peace.

She is in our prayers tonight.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Stephanie, I'm so sorry she didn't make it. :(
Peace be with you Pequop.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I'm very sorry Stephanie. :( Sending lots of good thoughts your way. *hugs*

RIP Pequop, you were very well loved.

·
Registered
902 Posts
So sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have been watching your other post and I was so rooting for her to pull through. I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Very sorry Stephanie. It was easy to see that you and Pequop brought joy into each others lives and how much you loved her. Rest in Peace Pequop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You have my sympathy. She was a happy, well-loved hedgehog and she will be missed. Losing a friend is hard. Best wishes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i had been following your posts and i'm so sorry for your loss. she was so well loved.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for your comforting words.

Pequop had taken a turn for the worse when I arrived home on my lunch hour to syringe feed her. She was gasping for breath and was frantically running around her cage while falling over every few steps. I noticed that she was not able to lap up her water due to how hard she was breathing, so I made the quick, tough decision that it was her time to be helped over that bridge we hear of so often with our little ones. With the husband holding her in his lap and calmly talking and consoling her, we drove to the vet for her final rest. When arrived and they immediately gave her some gas that put her to sleep and then administered the "sleeping" drug. Once they did that, they handed her to me, where then I laid on the floor and put her under my shirt on my belly where she loved to sleep for hours during our snuggle time. She didn't struggle or fight passing on. Within a minute, I felt her muscles give on my tummy and knew she was gone. I then lifted her to my face and just kissed her nose over and over thanking her for everything she was and will be to me and Todd. I laid her on her blanket and retrieved the one quill from her visor that I used always admire. That quill is now carried with me everywhere I go. As my husband and I are closing on our first house this coming Thursday, the vet is keeping her for us until we have the house so that I may place her in the ground, amongst the flowers in bloom here in Colorado. I will never forget the love she brought to me and my husband (and others with whom she had touched).

Thank you my baby girl. Thank you, thank you .. thank you for being all that you were.

~Stephanie & Todd
(and PoPo & Leroux)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm really glad that you were with her until the very end. I hope you'll feel better soon. <3 My throat hurts from trying to suppress tears :( RIP Pequop

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was so so hoping Pequop would get better.. I am so so sorry.. At least Pequop had the very best owner she could've hoped for. You did all you could for her and she must've been a very happy hedgie to the very end. Rest In Peace Pequop..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts