Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with green :mrgreen: bell peppers or sweet peppers.....just not HOT :oops: peppers. It's a veggie, and I have yet to hear of any problems with them. I have picky hedgies, so I have not tried peppers with mine, but my rats used to love them and our guinea pig also likes to eat them.

Pixie

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I am having yellow, orange or red peppers in a stir fry I will chop a couple of little cubes up raw and that will become part of Priscilla's meal for the night. They're always gone. But I would never chance feeding hot peppers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
LizardGirl said:
I would say NO. Why would you?[/quote

Tristen said:
I credit everyone who contributed to this list on the old forum, especially iamdbf who started the list to begin with and jumbled it all into 1 messy post every so often :p . I am simply reorganizing it here.
The items in the blue section are safe, the red are things to avoid.

Fruits-Cherry, Apple, Watermelon, Bannanna, Pears, Strawberry, Cantaloupe, Papaya, Mango, Peaches, Pumpkin, Squash, Honeydew

Veggies- Carrots, Sweet Potato, Raddish, Turnip, Green Pepper, Asparagus,

Fruits- Grapes, Raisins, Avocados, Oranges, Lemons, Lime, Grapefruit,Pineapple, Citrus in General, and beware of anything with small seeds or such that can prove a choking hazard. Nothing overly acidic

Veggies - Onions, Lettuce, Garlic, Chives

Things Not Sure Of -Plum,Cucumber, Rasberry, Blackberry, Broccoli,Beans, Cauliflower, Zuchini, Cabbage, Celery, Pomogranete (take the seeds out of the umm... seeds?)
I don't see why she wouldn't..?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Hedgies can eat peppers, it's if hedgies should eat peppers that's the question. I was thinking more the hot peppers, as that is what came to mind. (I don't eat peppers...) If green peppers are safe (regardless of nutritional value, which I have no clue of) then by all means, go ahead and feed them.

What I was referring to before was the hot peppers, which is why I advised not to feed them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts