Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it's starting to get pretty nice out here, 65-75 degrees each day. I've been wanting to take Pepper outside to play, but unfortunately my mom put pesticides all through our grass and around our land and everything, so I am not letting my little boy play in that. My question is, is it legal for parks (state parks, national parks, etc..) to use pesticides? I figured maybe I could bring him to a local park that wasn't busy, but I have no way of knowing if there will be pesticides in the grass and/or bugs there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody knows? Okay, maybe I should rephrase my question: Does anyone here take their hedgies out to play at public parks?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Most public parks have an enthusiastic herbicide/pesticide regimin. I'd inquire with your local Parks dept and ask. There isn't any way to foretell unless you're psychic.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would ask the city (for public park) if they spray pesticide. In Quebec, pesticide are illegal since 2005, so it's not a problem for me. But when I brought Litchi to the park, not too long ago (it was a nice 28C...I miss that) I used a fleece banket, because you never know if there's cat/skunk/dog poo/pee on the grass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts