I just took our snuggle safe disk out of the microwave to put into my hedgie's cage. I heat it inside the cover but there is one spot (along the top, where two sections join) that is not totally covered. I accidentally picked it up by that spot & burnt my hand REALLY good. Totally my fault :? but I thought I should put out a friendly reminder, as there has been some talk about Snuggle Safe use overnight. If there's a section the cover doesn't securely, well, cover, be sure your hedgie can't get to it as it's quite hot!