Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Newmans tends to be on the higher side for fat. I've used it (just swapped it out for by nature organics this last mix). Its kibble size is nice and my hedgehogs like it.

I believe they carry Pet Promise (think I bought some there once) and I use this brand and again my hedgehogs love it.

For the most part,look for a low fat (12% or lower) food with a good protein content. Chances are you will find plenty in Whole Foods. Also look through the list Reaper has posted that is pinned to the diet section. You'll surely find some of those around.

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
:) Had to ask. Not everyone does. They don't usually get sick of one food, in fact they sometimes get where they won't try anything else if you feed a limited variety. And should a food become unavailable or changes its formulation you sometimes can end up with a hedgehog that goes on a hunger strike.

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Probably not abnormal, there are plenty that will eat anything, but you'll hear people talk about how picky theirs are. Its always good to promote that eating anything type behavior. It makes it so much easier should you need to give a new food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.