Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He can totally eat them without his teeth. :shock:

If you haven't read my posts about Koloth then for this to make sense you have to know that he is a rescue I've had for about a month, on our first vet visit I made a point of getting the vet to look in his mouth (because I suspected he was missing some if not all of his teeth) and the vet found one last lonely tooth which was so infected with gingivitis and other gross stuff that it had tocome out. So now Koloth has to be a brave Klingon warrior without any teeth. Our little warrior still tries to be ferocious but just ends up being very cute.

Today I was at the pet store that sells live insects and I bought some crickets and meal worms. The vet thought Koloth could probably gum the meal worms but if not I would crush them, I was totally expecting to blend the crickets and feed him cricket smoothie but first I wanted to let him and the cat chase them around in the tub, the poor crickets didn't even get a chance to wake up from their cold induced slumber. As soon as I dropped the first one in the tub the cat had it, the next one dropped next to Koloth was grabbed immediately and practically inhaled. Somehow Koloth managed to eat almost the whole cricket. It was terrifying and disgusting as well amusing to watch. He did choke on the head at one point but kept trying to eat it, after he coughed it up the second time I took it away. I was in shock. Still am. The cat's cricket was left partially beheaded and lifeless in the tub but very much not eaten, I guess it's not delicious unless it wiggles on the way down. (bleck :p)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts