Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an almost 3 year old female named Stella. About 2-3 months ago I happily rescued a year old male. long story short while cleaning cages I let them play and now I’m seeing some signs of my female Stella being pregnant. Being unplanned I’m really worried that her never having a litter before and being older will cause health issues or worse. Everything I could find online pretty much says that there’s no good outcome with her age and not having piglets before. I’m just really worried. Any advice or experiences are appreciated!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have no expeirience with this, but i will try to help. You should put her cage in a quiet room where she can rest a lot. Also do not disturb her a lot. I would also suggest if it is possible to ask a vet whether she will be okay. I do hope Stella will be okay.

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
One option would be to ask a veterinarian to perform an ultrasound to see if she is pregnant and if everything looks ok. Otherwise, read up on how to raise babies, prepare her cage now, and keep her calm and quiet. More importantly prevent interaction in the future. Even under extreme supervision it is best if males and females never interact as hedgehogs are induced ovulators.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts