Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to register Piper with the IHR, but I'm making myself crazy with this colour stuff!
I originally thought she a Grey, but now I suspect that Piper is considered a Chocolate. What I'm mostly confused about her mask and the "mottling" of the underbelly... I actually have no idea what mottling would look like. Unfortunately I couldn't find any pics of her belly at the moment, but i'll try for one tonight. There appears to be no color on her belly. Just pink skin and white fur.

[attachment=2:3qst7wvz]color1.jpg[/attachment:3qst7wvz]
[attachment=1:3qst7wvz]color3.jpg[/attachment:3qst7wvz]
[attachment=0:3qst7wvz]color4.jpg[/attachment:3qst7wvz]

Piper is about Four years old and all of these pictures were taken within a year.
Just let me know if there's any other pictures I need to post.
Thank you! :)

Oh! and I apologize for the dirty snout in pic two! :oops: :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for your input!
I'm curious though - What, that you can see, would make her an Algerian? Is it her cheek colour?
Her skin is a light grey shade, so that's why i didn't think she was algerian, but i just started looking. gah, so confused. haha

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so i have another question. :cool:
when looking at the quill bands - is it best to judge the everyday look and not the zoomed-in color? like my third photo? :? from just handling her, i can see the grey, but from the zoom (and in some lighting) the bands appear simply brown and she looks more like a chocolate. :geek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts