Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so last night i noticed Latte's poop was a little lighter than usualy, it was light a real light brown and then today i got her out to say hello and she pooped of course but it was very light brown, small and really gooy and she left 3 spots of it. It wasnt like watery like diarrhea just very soft and smushy, couse when i tryed picking it up, it smeared into the towel i had her on.
Uh im so SOOO worried, what do i do?

She is eating and drinking fine, and she is acting happy and like normal, she ran on her wheel ALL night...

The poop on the wheel was dried and it was the black color so i couldnt tell really anything about the poop on the wheel.

I hope someone can help me out :( I want my baby to be ok.

do keep in mind, I have had her since Sept. 1st i think it was so..like a little over a week.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Re: POOP

Depending on the food you are feeding the color and consistancy can vary. Also, stress poops can be soft and lighter in color.

·
Registered
912 Posts

LizardGirl said:
Also, stress poops can be soft and lighter in color.
Hedgiedaddy and I refer to these as "statements." They happen when Satin's been out of her house for awhile, wants to go back in, but her humans are too slow in getting her back. She'll get that look, then she'll make a statement about the situation :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts

smhufflepuff said:
LizardGirl said:
Also, stress poops can be soft and lighter in color.
Hedgiedaddy and I refer to these as "statements." They happen when Satin's been out of her house for awhile, wants to go back in, but her humans are too slow in getting her back. She'll get that look, then she'll make a statement about the situation :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
912 Posts
CuteHedgieGirl said:
I'm guessing you're "wahh"-ing because you're worried your hedgie is stressed... I didn't mean for my comment above about the statements to be upsetting... just more a reflection that it happens, and if it's the only thing going on (and doesn't continue going on), then everything is probably just fine... and, heck, you can even have a chuckle about it after you're done cleaning up the mess it makes. Baby wipes are really helpful in these types of situations.

Just watch your hedgie's poops the next few times you have your little one out. And check her wheel like you have been. If it stays messy or gets worse, your first line of defense is unseasoned canned pumpkin... though I've also used butternut squash baby food because a certain hedgehog I know won't eat pumpkin.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My hedgehogs are now 6 months old. My female, Tanya, has very consistent poo. Nice long ones that dry into solid poops. My male, Lenny, has much softer poo. They are on the same diet, water etc. Just recently I stopped filtering the sink water as I wanted them to be able to drink regular tap water in case there was an emergency and we had to stay somewhere else. I was very surprised to see Lenny's poops firm up. I'm thrilled.

Over the six months that I have had them their has been quite a variety in their poop and a big change in the amount of poop. The amount of poop has dropped off in a good way compared to when they were tiny babies. Hegdgehog poop was alot different than what I had expected from growing up with Guinea Pigs and seeing mouse poops.

Now if Lenny would stop pooping right on me when I play with him, I will be thrilled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts