Hedgehog Central banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Was finally able to trim all them back toes! Had to result to ambush tactics. Basically went into the room at night, flipped the light on, woke her up and clipped them before she knew what the heck was going on haha. Otherwise.. FORGET IT!

She was not so pleased with me afterwards but we had a good 1.5 hr snuggle where she layed under my chin on my neck/chest and fell asleep after.. so I think she forgave me :]

Also.. she has a funny habbit. Any time I pick her up out of her cage and put her back.. she HAS to run over to her food dish and eat a couple pieces of kibble. No matter if I just pick her up and put her down, or if I take her out for a while. She cracks me up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ahh! I love the hedgie butt haha :) and good job with the nails, that's a good idea that I might try on my girl. I need to trim her nails for the first time and I'm really nervous!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ahh! I love the hedgie butt haha :) and good job with the nails, that's a good idea that I might try on my girl. I need to trim her nails for the first time and I'm really nervous!
I hold her in one hand, supporting her from underneath against my chest and try to trap a leg between the fingers of that hand.. then work the clipppers with the other. That way she can't ball up and is sorta dazed still from the lights lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Turned on the light and caught her RED HANDED...wheeling that is :grin:

She always stops dead in her tracks while running on her wheel when I turn the light on and then goes and hides haha.

Here she is afterwards.. upset at her lack of privacy...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don't you love how they freeze if you interrupt them wheeling? It's like they think " you can't see me, nope, naha, not if I don't move!"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just a small update. Macey is still doing well. We had a BBQ the other day and she got a nice grilled treat :]

She went CRAZY over it, it was pretty funny. Much noming was had. It was just a small piece of sausage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It finally was warm enough where I felt okay to bring Macey outside for the first time this season yesterday. Much digging and eating of bugs took place and now I must give her a bath :???:

She's not much of a runner or explorer, she just always kind of sits there for a good 10 minutes and then she will sniff around a bit and start looking at stuff. It was funny though as she would not do anything until I started to pet her, then she would dig and sniff but as soon as I stopped petting her she would just freeze and stay still until I pet her again :lol:

Digging up bugs..

41 - 60 of 60 Posts