Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to be a proud hedgie owner in a few weeks. If everything works according to plan, I will be picking her up on the 2nd of July. However we (my husband and I) would be picking her up over the holiday weekend when we are also are a part of his sister's wedding on the 3rd. We would be making it a priority to socialize with her every day once we pick her up.

We should be picking her up before the 4th and would be keeping her with us in a RV which will be kept at 75 degrees F then traveling home with us on the 5th which is a 6 hour drive.

So these are my questions:

We are in the process of making a cage out of a 120 qt tub, would this be fine to bring her home in?

Since we are traveling in the day and in the summer, would it be ok to put a blanket over part of the tub to block out light?

Would keeping her in the RV be a problem or should we find a family to take her in for a bit? All local family members either have small children, cats/dogs or both.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. We won't be hauling the RV ourselves, it's my sister in laws RV and we are staying in her RV so rather than the house. So this is good to know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts