Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i had my hedgie out for a little play and when i went to put her back in her cage she curled into a ball and continued to hiss loudly and it scared the life out of me!!! so i put a worm in front of her and she ate it and went into her hut, i have one theory to why she did it i put a new blanket under her wheel to catch poop and food and the smell may have startled her because its not from my house. So anyone who can tell me what happened to her please do! ive been stressed all day!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Could be anything, but if you can draw a clear possibility of connection between the new blanket and the huffy behavior, then you may correct in the cause.

Hedgehogs notice most any change in their environment. Not too long ago I had a new t-shirt - never worn. When I got her out and rolled her inside - as is usual (she squirms her way into the crook of my arm and sleeps) - she knew this shirt wasn't one of the regular shirts. Instead of settling right in, like she does every day, she rooted around for several minutes, decided that she should anoint with it, and then settled in for her nap.

It isn't just inside the cage items you need to be aware of. Changing shampoo, soap, deodorant - your hedgie will know. If they don't like the surprise, they will let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts