Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Amy, I'm new to the forums and a new hedgie mommy. I bought Hershi last Thursday, the 18th. I'm worried about not having enough heat for Hershi. These passed few days were very sunny days so my room temperature was fairly warm; however, today it was a bit chilly and it was raining a little (we live in New England). I have a 100w CHE, 10" clamp lamp and a thermostat at around 75F. However, when I got home today, the temperature of her cage dropped to around 69F, I got very worried so I turned on my Space Heater for her as well and now her cage is around 74F. Currently my room temperature is at 66F but on a sunny day around 70F. I have a 28"x28" C&C w/ coroplast cage set-up and fleece bedding. Right now her cage is set up on the floor (hard wood), should I move it to a higher ground and see if that'll help? Please give me any advice. Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Yes, moving the cage up might help, or putting blankets under it so it's not just on the hard floor. You could also try blocking the back of it with something solid to help hold in the heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts