Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hedgehog is not drinking from her water bottle. When I use a dish she will drink. I called the breeder and ask her if she is use to drinking from a bottle and she said she was. I prefer to use a bottle, but donut's ' want to have a problem with her not drinking. How long can I wait to see if she will get it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Some hedgehogs that were bottle trained at their old homes will refuse to use them at their new homes. Try putting both bottle and bowl in there. Odds are she'll choose the bowl, though, as it's a more natural drinking position for her. Bowls are easier to clean, anyway, and seem to be the favorite choice among most owners. Personally I would just stick with the dish since she doesn't want the bottle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THank you for the reply, I did put a dish and the bottle next to each other after the first day when I saw she was not drinking from the bottle I put the dish in, but then she only used the dish. Then I pulled the dish, now I don't think she is drinking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I noticed shredder didn't use the bottle either, so I got a rock dish that's easy to get up on and can't flip and I put the bottle above it because sometimes he uses 1 or the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts