Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So.. My hedgehog is eating normal and everything seems healthy and active like normal, but over this past week there has been a random green jello looking poop on his wheel with the normal brownish black. Maybe his gift for pattys day? Is this something to be worried about? I know his appetite is normal and he is getting plenty of water he pees like a water hose every morning when I take him out to clean his cage. Or is this nothing to worried about just something since its a new home, new people and new water this week? I switched from sink water to bottle spring water

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The green could be from the stress of the changes. I'd keep an eye on him and if it doesn't clear up in a day or so I'd take him to the vet just to be on the safe side. There will be green in the poop too if you try a new snack out that their stomach doesn't agree with.

Hope he feels better :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean it's only like one baby poop then the normal.. So nothing to be overly worried with? It has only happened like once or twice just thought it was strange and stuck out on his wheel lol

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
He'es probably still adjusting to his new home. As long as he is eating, drinking and acting normal he is probably fine. If it gets worse or turns to diarrhea then there is a concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts