Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about getting a baby hedgie for awhile now & I have found someone near me who will have a baby ready for me in March:). I have been on here reading all I could & looking online. I still have a few questions I need specific answers on because I keep getting different one's.

1. What kind of heater do I need to use? [The least expensive but still one that works good of course!]

2. What kind of food do I feed them? [I keep hearing high-quality cat food?, what brands? And are there any other foods they should eat?]

3. Can I use a large plastic container for it's cage? Sort of like the one in the link I posted, but it is wider & longer. [The wheels i've looked at don't have to be connected to a cage bar]-Also this wont be permanent, just until I find another cage I like for a good price. I got the idea of the clear plastic container for a cage off a forum on here actually.
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squido ... quidoo.jpg

4. Also I have been looking at a few wheels, but I have gotten mixed reviews. Is the 12' Giant Comfort Wheel ok? If not, what are some good wheels? Most wheels I have came across that seem like a good wheel don't connect to a cage & I worry about it tipping over & being sturdy.

-I have already found an igloo, plan on using fleece & fleece scraps for it's bedding, litter box, and such for it's cage. Is there anything else they need in there? or enjoy?

I know there are more than a few questions & you don't have to answer them all but any you can/want to answer & any extra information a newbie should know please let me know! I'm trying to get all the helpful information I can before getting a baby hedgie!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much!! Your answered helped a lot:)! I'm definitely going to keep looking through all the forums to learn absolutely everything I can!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts