Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, My name is Cathryn. I have just recently decided that I want to adopt my very own hedgie. I contacted a woman fostering a male through the SPCA. She said that there is a young girl interested, but if it doesn't work out I could be a potential owner!
So, I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't work out so I can give the little guy a loving home. :D

Anyways I have a few questions I hope you can all answer.

I know that rescue hedgies can sometimes be more afraid/scared of humans. In that case with time can I make a scared hedgie more comfortable/easily handled by humans?

Also where do get your heating pads for your hedgies cage.. or what other types of heating methods do you use.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure about the personality of rescuing one, I got mine from a store, but he's a bit anti-social and things, but I've only had him for almost 2 weeks, and I'm just going to give him time, he's still young, so, time I think is the best healer for that.

As for heating I use a small heater that I have pointed at his cage, a little space heater, and it can go up to 80 degrees high. It seems to do the trick, and I have a room thermometer by his cage so I can make sure it is always a suitable temp.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got my heating pad at Walmart in the pharmacy area for less than $20.00. Luckily I live in Texas so my room is just right for my hedgie during the winter! But I have an ceramic heater for when our central heat went out. Also have lots of hand warmers for when the power goes out or when we go on road trips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.