Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up my hedgie on the 15th of this month and things have been fine, he's going on 8 wks old. and is quilling. i know they go through it one or 2 more times but my question is how long is the process?

next thing he has been eating the same i got from the breeder and he eats it fine but today i noticed his stool is a little softer than usual. like i said its only been like 6 days that i have him, but his stool has been fine til today. i mean its still solid but just softer. i have not gave him anything new to eat or treats yet, i wanted to wait til he adjusted to being in his new home first.

last ? for now, he doesnt run in his wheel that much, i know he is a baby and is SLEEPING ALOT but i barely find poop in his wheel. is this normal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm new to this as well, I've had mine about a week now and she is aprox 11weeks and all mine does is poo on her wheel, I have a litterbox in there and she wont use it...her poo has been solid since I got her.

She sleeps during the day and wakes up around 7-8ish I got to bed around 11ish and shes still up playin, and at 7am her cage is a mess and all moved around.

and for quilling, mine is too, I stepped on one that was in the carpet last night and did not feel too good.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
First, congrats on your new baby! :)

Quilling is different for each hedgie. Some get over it in a few weeks, some a few months.

The soft poop is normal for being in a new home. Once he's completely settled in it should be fine. I wouldn't worry.

Does he know how to use the wheel? If he does, he's probably just not that energetic yet. Also, he might have trouble spinning it if he is really little. Make sure it spins easily and that he can get in the wheel with no problems. Otherwise, just assume he'll run on it more when he's bigger. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts