Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Re: Meet the new New York Giants Fan

Please try and keep all your related posts in one thread, instead of making a bunch of them.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

LizardGirl said:
Please try and keep all your related posts in one thread, instead of making a bunch of them.
what related post? Was it deleted?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts

No, but she has an "introducing hedgie & Q's" type post that is very recent, which would be a good place to put these.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Wilbur is such a cutie! I'm glad everything finally worked out for you.

I think maybe this could have been put in a different section, but I don't find it repetitive. If I was a Giants Fan, I would definitely click on this and love to see the pictures, while I might not have clicked on the other thread about newbie questions.

·
Registered
259 Posts

What an adorable baby you have there! Love that dark mask! I'm very happy that you decided to stay with HHC!! I look forward to hearing about how the 2 of you bond and wish that you both bring each other many years of happiness! :D
~Melissa

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Wilbur has been a total joy in my life. I did a major cleaning of the cage today, and switched from aspen bedding to fleece bedding. I used double sided tape underneath so that he doesn't go underneath it...he didn't try to go under it...yet.

I put fleece strips in his igloo cause he doesn't have anything to burrow into. It seems that he loves his new house bedding, after a few minutes of being confused and being bribed by two mealworms (yummy). He is totally content. I too, totally dig the house. I do have a litter box (filled with new aspen bedding from the bag). I believe he has already used it since he sat in it for a few minutes and got out afterwards.

I did decide to fold a thin baby blanket underneath his wheel so that there isn't a huge gap between floor and wheel so that he doesn't get hurt. (Good idea? Bad Idea?). Wilbur loves to climb on me when he is fully awake (don't worry my hands are right behind him in case of emergencies. I dont allow him to climb past the shoulders so that his feet dont get tangled in the hair). He is starting to quill. I have been finding quills both the easy way and the hard way (stepping on them). I've been collecting them in a container.

I don't have many toys for him right now, i wanted him to get used to his new cage. i found one of those plastic balls with a bell in it and put it in there. I am going to use a toilet paper tube soon (when it's empty). I am hoping to go to Walmart for other toys in the pet section. He seems content without toys for now... but he's soon to be spoiled... lol.

Yesterday my dad made chili with a lot of meat and his nose went wild. I had gotten him up to eat the new worms i got him. He wasn't interested in them since he smelled something better, although he didn't even like the beef (unspiced) i gave him. I gave him a small piece which he smell and then looked away. He then wheeled in his wheel for a bit, and omg...he was going soo fast. If there was a hedgehog police, he would have gotten a speeding ticket.

Anyway, i am hoping to make a video of wilbur soon to post on youtube. my first attempt to do so didn't work out that well, cause my digital camera video only uploads in .mov which nothing on my computer recognizes. :( So i have to bring out the video camera.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

Your baby is just adorable. He would be even cuter with a Green Bay helmet!!! Heeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: *new* wilbur Pics

Hm. I was thinking about starting a new topic but then i realized i already had a picture post going. So i'm here to post new pics i taken today. I'm hoping to get a video camera tomorrow to video tape my little guy. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Re: *new* wilbur Pics

Sashalynn said:
So cute. All these hedgie pics make me want to add another one to my family.
Me too, but my parents would kill me. It's too bad, I met the sweetest little albino a couple weeks ago...

To the OP - I love the one where he's poking his little face out of his blanket and looking all sleepy. <3 Precious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts