Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My three year old hedgie refuses to run on his new wheel. I got him comfortable on it, and he didn't seem to scared or nervous about it when I put it in his cage but he refuses to actually run on it. I got him the Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel because his old one was to loud at night and he lives in my room with me. So I thought this would help because he loves to run but now I'm worried because he wont, and putting the old one back in is not an option. Can someone please give me some advice?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Does the wheel spin freely? If it gives too much resistance he may have given up. Check the tilt of the wheel. It may be too far one way or the other. You may have to play with that a little bit.

But also keep in mind that most hedgies won't run with someone in the room, or if there's any light on in the room. Odds are if you give him a little bit of time he'll start running on his new wheel on his own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that lovely description Soyala_Amaya! His does in fact love his NEW THING. It took him awhile but now he's back to his old self c:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Remember they are spikey toddlers. :lol: :roll:

Reactions: Soyala_Amaya
1 - 6 of 6 Posts