Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just rescued this Lil man and I'm a first time hedgehog mom. I have done alot of reading on how to care for him but hearing from other parents would be great. He has been abused and is very shy. I was seeking advice on what's the best thing to feed him on a regular basis and how do I get him to trust me. I want him to feel safe, This will be his forever home and I just want to do right by him.

·
Registered
Hercules the Algerian Cinnamon Hedgehog
4 Posts
I just rescued this Lil man and I'm a first time hedgehog mom. I have done alot of reading on how to care for him but hearing from other parents would be great. He has been abused and is very shy. I was seeking advice on what's the best thing to feed him on a regular basis and how do I get him to trust me. I want him to feel safe, This will be his forever home and I just want to do right by him.
I suggest taking it slow and working at his pace! Try to get him some cloth that smells like you, hold him for 30 mins a day if possible, and we feed our hedgie Purina One Beyond. :) hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your advice. He let me give him a bath last night and snuggled into my lap after. He even licked my hand . Once he was dry he went back to popping and hissing at me LoL. I know it's going to take awhile but he's so worth him. He has my heart already. This is George 😁
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Eye Fawn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question. I have ordered George an exercise wheel and litter pan but I'm waiting for those to come in. I have noticed he is climbing the walls of his home and I'm worried he's going to hurt himself when he falls off, is there any suggestions on what I can do until his wheel comes in, because I went to several different stores in my area and none of them carried a wheel for him so I had to order one online. so I got to wait for it to come in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts