Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Ive been reading these forums for the past few months and i just got my hedgie about a week ago. She is about 7 weeks old. When I got her she had just recovered from a cold. She seems to be better. She doesnt sneeze much or lick her nose, but she started scratching a lot. She started scratching after she had anointed with a wall. And now she seems to scratch all the time! Shes only losing about 2-5 quills a day though, so im not sure what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Since she is young (7 weeks old) and losing quills, most likely she is quilling. Keep an eye out for new quills coming in. If scratching excessively, it could be mites. Try giving her a bath.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Congrats on your new hedgie and welcome to HHC, he's very adorable :) I agree with Hedgiepets, its probably just quilling and a Oatmeal bath will help sooth his skin.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Aw she's adorable all wrapped up like that! Let us know how she's doing after the bath. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i gave my hedgie a bath with an oatmeal shampoo. My friends decided her name will be Harry the Hedgehog. Harry didn't seem to like the water too much. After the bath she was sneezing a bit. I think she just got water in her nose or she was cold. So i held her for a while longer to make sure she was ok. She doesn't scratch as much and i can definitely see some quills coming in.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts