Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my little guy last night (six weeks old) and I was really surprised on how friendly he was right from the moment I picked him up.

When I got him from the breeder it was around 5pm and he was in his cage and starting to wake-up. I picked him up and he was happy climbing all over me. By the time I left (around 6) I didn't have time to get him home because of my son's soccer game so I brought him with me. He was very content sniffing around in my hands and was happy to be picked up by other people.

When we got home we gave him food and water (ate well) and played with him until around 10pm. He went straight to bed. I checked on him 3-4 during the night and he was always sleeping (he did have a busy evening).

In the morning he was up around 4:30am until about 5:30. My son took him out at around 6:30 in hopes that he would fall asleep on him but instead he just happily sniffed around.

From what I've read in this forum a bunch of people say that their hedgie wake up around 9:30pm or later. I don't want to change his sleep cycle for him to be up during the day or anything. I know that's not good for them, but what I'm wondering is... If we wake him around 5pm and he's happy, is that ok?

Thanks,
Stephanie
P.S. Sorry that was so long..

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's fine. I actually wake mine up around the same time, 5-6 in the evening. The important thing is the light schedule. As long as you don't mess with the light schedule and allow your little one the opportunity to come fully awake it should be all good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's fine. I actually wake mine up around the same time, 5-6 in the evening. The important thing is the light schedule. As long as you don't mess with the light schedule and allow your little one the opportunity to come fully awake it should be all good.
True! It is a good thing though that your hedgehog is friendly once you got him! My hedgehogs took a few weeks and a couple days of using gloves before they got used to my scent! :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
my kids wake ours up as soon as they get in from school, or hubby gets in from work (both around 4, who ever gets home first gets her out) and we keep her out till 10 or so..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts