Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I have a lovely new hedgehog who is tremendously wonderful (I'm slightly smitten with her--just slightly). We have a wheel and a hamster ball for her, but she's markedly unenthusiastic about them--I think she gets the idea, but she'd rather get off the wheel or curl up and sleep in the hamster ball. Any ideas about encouraging activity?

·
Registered
412 Posts
If she's brand shiny new, she's probably still a little scared of her new surroundings.

Also, how old is she? Some babies will sleep forrrrever.

Also, I wanna see pictures!! :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
She is super cute! And tiny!! She looks like my Sebastian *awe*

If she's eating alright and not crabby and has normal poop, I think she may just be a tired little girl. You can always make sure she's always moving in your hands (like letting her climb your hands like a staircase). Another trick I've heard is spreading some banana or something she likes to eat on her wheel.

Speaking of wheels, what kind of wheel does she have? It may be very uncomfortable for her to run on.. the same thing goes with the hamster ball. We put one of our guys in one and I've never seen any animal look so afraid in my life! The slits in the ball may (or may not-- a lot of hedgies are ok with the hamster ball thing) hurt her feet when she runs in it...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cloud has a hamster ball too. All he does is poop/pee in it... run in his poop for a minute (just enough to get it smeared everywhere so its hard to clean)... finds a dark corner and falls alseep :roll: such a difficult little hedgie, lol!

Cloud wouldnt run on any kind of wheel except a 'flying saucer' perhaps you could try one of those? they're super easy to clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts