Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say "hi" since I'm new to this board. I've been a vet tech for 15 yrs and just finally got a hedgie:) Currently I have birds from finches to macaws, dogs, cat, guinea pigs, 3 snakes, 1 bearded dragon, veiled chameloen, 7 tarantulas, 1 turtle tank, reef tank and cichlid tank, lots of chickens and 2 pygmy goats. Its a bit of a zoo here...haha.

Anyway to my hedgie, he's cute as can be!! Got him on Sunday and they said he was 7 almost eight weeks. Haven't bothered him much to let him adjust and this evening he was more interested in me. I've hand fed a few pieces of food and he takes them from me.
He's eating, drinking and etc. Silly guy crawls under his fleece. If he's not under it, he in his plush tent.

Here's he is....his name is Charmin:)

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... ST2009.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ya'll! His name came from my hubby after he got bit. He said Charmin b/c he's not squeezably(sp?) soft...hahaha.

I ordered him a bunch of goodies today since the petstores don't have a good selection. He got switched to carefresh tonight b/c he crawls under the fleece where he pees/poops. I was fining it hard to keep him clean with the potty zone under the fleece. He doesn't seem to care that I took it away. He still has his hide box with fleece in it.

I found my sugar glider pouch today. So I put him in it to get him use to me. After about an hr, he stopped hissing and climbed out.
Here's another pic.....
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... 115442.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
wow, you have so many awesome pets! I have a female veiled chameleon. And Harley the hedgehog of course. Congrats on your new addition

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey welcome, and congrats on your baby he is just gorgeous. I love his colour! :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome to HHC! :) Your Charmin is just a sweetheart! And neat variety of animals! I always love hearing what other pets people own as well as our hoggies! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts