Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here. I joined your site, because I am thinking of getting a hedgehog in the near future, and want to do as much research as possible before hand.

My 9 year old son was introduced to hedgehogs at the science lab in his school. He was intrigued by the one at school, and after doing some initial research, I am excited about the possibility of owning one too! :) We have contacted a near by breeder, and hope to get our hedgehog sometime in April. (Around the time of my son's 10th birthday.) In the mean time, I plan to spend a lot of time here learning more about hedgehog care. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooops! I just realized I should have posted in the Guest Book. Sorry! Please feel free to move my topic. :oops:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome!! Can't wait for pictures of the new baby when you get him. Great job finding this site, it has a wealth of information for everyone.

Watch Craig's list for suitable cages, I was able to purchase a large one for only $20 from there, compared to buying new. Had to scrub it up but hey, I can scrub! The "Housing and Accessories" section of this forum is a good resource for finding out what to get for a cage. (and what to avoid)

·
Registered
793 Posts
You've found the right place if you're interested in learning more about hedgies! I'm new to the community myself, but I can honestly say I've never seen a more well-informed group of people dedicated to the welfare of these little animals.

Ask any question that comes into your mind, read all the stickies, and stay tuned for tons of cute hedgie pictures from other memnbers! ^_^

~Katie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts