Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I've only been a hedgehog owner for about a month and my little one is super sweet. He's around 8 months and is a pinto cinnicot (sp?). Right now I have a 75 watt bulb (I know that's not enough) and a space heater with blankets, etc. keeping my hedgie warm but I'm doing research on a more cost-effective less-hassle sort of set up.
My dream setup would be a CHE with an automatic thermostat which turns the bulb off when it is hot enough. I'm really not sure where to start with purchasing this set up.. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I'm going to start browsing the forums to see if I can find the answer to my own question..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) Yes a CHE set-up is usually preferred by most hedgehog owners. You can find it in the stickies in the Housing and Accessories section. Some owners buy their CHE set-ups via Amazon. But that depends on where you are :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Amazon is, indeed, a popular go-to source for CHEs, thermostats, and lamps. It's where I buy all my CHEs and bought my first set of domes (lamps). I bought my winter domes (an inch larger and a bit deeper) at a farm supply store because they were cheaper there. Pet supply stores usually carry the CHEs, as well, though they're often pricier than online sources, and for lamps, their inventory is sometimes limited to smaller domes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! I just decided on making my order on amazon, since my local pet store is pretty expensive. I am really excited to get it all set up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts