Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time member, first time poster. I just got a new hedgie after the passing of Henry (had five wonderful years with him without any problems may he rest in hedgehog heaven) And I noticed the new hedgie, Macchiato or Macchia(pronounced maki), likes to chew my shirts. Like any and all shirts. The ones he's sleeping with, the ones I wear, I mean any; even my room mates shirt. But never any other clothing, Not pants, not socks, not his snuggle sacks, not his fleece liners, just shirts? He's not putting holes in them or anything but he does pull on them and like chew on them in his mouth until they are soaked with his saliva. He is not just licking them. Any tips to how to get him stop chewing them(so it doesn't become a habit)? or any ideas why he's chewing them in the first place? Could

Thanks in advance,
Enjoy a few photo's of him taking a bath and bonding time :D Unfortunately i don't have any pics of him chewing as every time i try to catch him in the act with the camera he balls.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey!
I'm a new hedgie owner so I'm not exactly a pro...my best guess is that the shirts have a distinct smell that he finds intriguing? Or that is just his preferred toy. I know with my hedgie, so far I have multiple toys for him but he just keeps going back to one thing and nothing else.

Cute pics btw!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts