Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to both this forum and to hedgehogs :) I will be getting a 2 year old male this Monday.
One delema I'm having is about bedding. I am planning to do fleece, but should I block off an area to have bedding where he can dig?
I'm also needing to come up with a name. He's coming with the name pokey, but I want to change it. Possibly Prickle? Prick for short? Lol. Let me hear your suggestions :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's pretty much up to you if you want to do that or not. Some hogs enjoy digging and others don't seem to care as much. Some people make dig boxes for their hedgies to dig in. If you do a search on the forum for dig boxes you can see examples of what other people have done.

Good luck choosing a name!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on getting your new baby! I'm still a newbie at this and my baby was just born this week. I fostered a 2 year old male earlier this year. He came to me using Aspen so I did keep him on it. I cut him strips of fleece and made him a fleece cube hut/bed. I stuck the fleece strips inside his hut and he loved them. He would dig and burrow in them. He would get angry when I'd take them out each day to switch with fresh ones and every time I'd pull one out or drop one he would snatch it up and drag it back in the hut. He would also come out with them stuck on his quills. He was so crazy, but he enjoyed the fleece more than the Aspen and I never saw him dig in the Aspen but he would dig the fleece strips. I hope that helps a little bit. Also he came to me named Harvey and I kept his name, but my baby I named Thorin. Though my family has already decided to nickname him "thorns" thanks to there prickly exterior :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome :D and congrats on the new baby! He is so cute! The hedgie community will always be there for you. There are alot of great people here.
P.S. Love the name Prickle :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts