Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
If you use the search function up in the left corner of the boards, you will be able to find an answer to the fruits/veggies, and bathtime. Both things have been talked about quite a bit. :) As for Clorox wipes, I think there's better alternatives to cleaning the cage. A lot of people on here use vinegar/water solutions to wipe down wheels and cages, and I know that a few people, me included, use chlorhexidine solution, which you can buy online (or maybe in a store, but I'm not sure). I make wipes out of the diluted chlorhexidine solution and they work great and I know they're completely safe for Lily.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
LittleMiss said:
Also I've started to notice that Ivy has a little bit of dry skin, which might be because I used baby shampoo to wash her (I didn't realize until today that baby shampoo drys out their skin) I bought some aveeno oatmeal bath to wash them in insted. But I also read that flax seed oil on their food can help. Will they actually eat it? or ignore their food? Myles isn't really picky, but Ivy turns her nose up at most things.
I don't think she would notice it, but sometimes they like to surprise us. :lol: But flaxseed oil doesn't have a taste, and very little smell, so with luck she won't notice it. Lily doesn't mind whether her food has oil on it or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.