Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi we bought are female hedgie like 3-4 weeks ago and we didn't know she was pregnant now she has 4 hoglets and before i knew not to disturb them or to scoop them up with a spoon to move them i touched one that was on its back thinking it was deceased but when i put it in front of heat it moved so i moved the bedding so they could all be on it and put them on it and covered them with momma hedgie it was seconds for the 3 that were ok like a minute so i could make sure he was ok because he had a bloody gash on his back . also wondering if it ok if there on and under the bedding with momma

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
567 Posts
I would contact the breeder or place that you got the hedgehog from and see if she can take the babies. They probably have more experience. Other than that, try not to touch them and just let momma do her job. If she is harming the babies, I would look into taking care of them yourself. Make sure others agree with this tho...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts