Hedgehog Central banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations Alexandraboo!!! Walter seems like a sweet hedgie. My Sonic( or Gonk) is still a grumply ball of spikes sometimes. But, I figured that he would uncurl and stop hissing once he figures out that even if he hisses at me he still ends on my palm no matter what. :) Sonic tends to like crawling from my hand to my other hand. You are so right about them falling off things. :) Sonic likes walking and exploring on my hand that I have to quickly catch him everytime because he doesn't seem to mind falling off my hands. :) He is such an explorer. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Walter will become more and more of sweetheart as he gets to know you. What's his color? My sonic is an Albino. :) You should post some pics! I would love to see Walter! Keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
He is biting and quite upset at the fact of coming out of the cage, very poppy and quilly. I dont know if im doing it wrong, but he never seems to be awake, always sleeping. I am kinda worried, he has ate, and is eating fine, but seems a little clumsy and his back legs look a little bit floppy. Not too floppy he still kicks them and walks fine, but just enough to worry me. I wonder if its maybe his age, he is an older hedgie, so perhaps he is just slowing down a little.

·
Registered
276 Posts
About him always sleeping, do you mean during nighttime as well as daytime? Hedgehogs are nocturnal so it's normal for them to sleep all day and wake up at night. Mine both usually wake up between 8:30 PM an 9:30 PM and spend a big part of the night awake. What time did you get him out of his cage? If it's during daytime, it's normal that he's upset, it's the middle of the night for him. :) Plus, you just got him so he'll need some time to get used to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well he slept a good part of the night too last night, I got him out last night around 9:30 and had him out for a good couple hours, even when I set him on the floor he just finds a spot to sleep. I took him out for a few minutes today but he was very very cranky so I put him back rather quickly. Ill let him sleep until he gets up tonight and then try taking him out for play time. hopefully he will get used to me and his schedule, im sure the other people who had him diddnt do much with him at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Alexandra,

I was just reading your posts as I was interested in the food question you asked. But now I am interested Walter, how is he doing now that it's almost been a month??

21 - 25 of 25 Posts