Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a hedgehog only a week ago, and i bought a iglo home for it and everytime i put her back in the cage instead of going through the hole into the iglo she lifts it up with her head and crawls under from the back or side of it, is this normal? is it okay? will it effect her quils?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ours rarely uses the igloo in the intended way. Often times he'll crawl under his container's lining then burrow underneath it to go to sleep. I couldn't tell you if it will hurt them, although I would assume such behavior is harmless. Supposedly they can fall from 20 feet and their quills will cushion the landing, so they seem pretty tough.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Coaster said:
Supposedly they can fall from 20 feet and their quills will cushion the landing, so they seem pretty tough.
That is totally false. Perhaps those in the wild might be able to but our friendly little ones will more than likely go splat on the ground. Do a bit of research on here and you will find there have been broken bones and fatal injuries caused by falls from very short distances.

nicholasi, She's just being silly. Try turning the entrance towards the back of the cage. I find they sometimes will go under the side when they don't want to be seen entering their igloo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts