Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My names is Jenn. My fiance and I live in Upstate NY. I am a long time lurker but decided I needed to join in on the great threads. We currently have one female hedgie named Autumn and have been approved by the HWS to adopt one of the poor little guys out of the massive Texas rescue.

Excited to meet you all!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome! Getting a boy or girl from TX? I'm on the wish list for two boys, George Strait and Willie Nelson. (I had to choose Texan singer names, I'm silly like that)

I love the name Autumn, very cute. Hope you post pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Everyone!
We originally said we wanted a boy but after hearing that there were more requsts for males than females, we decided that were lucky to add either gender to our little petting zoo. The only reason I worry about a female is the pregnancy possibility. We never planned on breeding so we have checked with our vet and store near by for supplies, but it would still be way out of my comfort zone. So right now all the readying is being done in neutral colors; liners, hats, fleece lined pipes etc. We are also trying our hand at a c&c cage for the first time. We shall see how that turns out!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hello and welcome. Congrats on being accepted to rescue and we'd all love to see pics of your girl :) any hedgie pics are always welcome so we can all ooo and ahhh over how cute they are :lol:

P.S beware of Shetland she likes to hedgienap :p

Also could someone please tell me what Kudos means? i've heard it said a good few times on here but im confused?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures will come asap. Just have to figure out the new camera.

As for Kudos, its a way to say good job or 'praise' someone for doing something good.

·
Administrator
3,594 Posts
Potential congrats! The only good thing about how long this process is taking is that the potential of getting a pregnant female is decreasing daily. So hopefully you won't have to worry too much about that potential learning experience!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Welcome! =]
Autumn is a VERY cute name and is my favorite season! :lol:
2x on the kudos for adopting one of the hedgies in TX.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Autumn is my favorite season so I am sure I will just love little Autumn. Perhaps she might like to visit me...............for about 3 years. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
270 Posts
yay, good for you. i'm getting two girls from the texas rescues!
i can't even wait and all the waiting is making me crazy.
i feel like i'm pregnant with hedgehogs.

autumn is a pretty name. can't wait to see photos! i'm new here to, but i lurked for about a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts