Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been bitten by some sort of Cabin fever/sewing bug! We're getting "snowed in" here in Indiana, and I've got fabric, power, and internet! I've made a cube for Pudge and now I'm working in a tent and maybe new bag(s)!! I'll post pictures when they're done, if anybody has patterns/ideas, feel free to share!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Awesome! I've totally gone through those phases.

I've made the altered snuggle-sacks (2 sides open) from here for better hedgehog-access during cuddle sessions. I also made some animal-shaped snuggle sacks (fish, beaver, alligator...), but they're less-popular with tiny friend.

I've made a few tent & tunnel-like structures where I made kinda tentacle-y entrances. Like, sewed flaps that are 1/2-1" wide, then overlap a bunch of dangling flaps to make a fringed curtain in front of the entrance? Little hedgehog seems to adore them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_1019[1].jpg

IMG_1049[1].jpg

IMG_1051[1].jpg

These are where I've started. I have some step by step photos of the tent, which I'm only a little disappointed in. I put the inside and the outsidt together wrong so the "floor" and the "ceiling" are swapped on the inside :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just made a sleeping hide spot that looks like a tree! Thinking about doing a cupcake as well. I designed it to fit over the plastic igloo hide. So much cuter than purple plastic and darker inside too.

I like to do flat bottom cuddle sacks, although prickle baby really prefers to dig around in her big blanket (It was my big blanket, but she loves it so much, so I let her have it and got myself a new one.)

·
Registered
212 Posts
image.jpg Some vague tree directions.

I made a large tube, big enough to fit over the igloo. I added a rounded opening to fit the igloo entrance (only forgot how much bigger it would end up once I finished the edges...). I brought in the top of the tube a little by folding in pleats and sewed them down. The leaves on top I did a bunch of tear drop/leaf shaped "pillows" and top stitched after I turned them for structure.

I'm going to do it again soon, with a properly sized opening. For the leaves I'm going to make what amounts to a dome cap as a base and then just add on a few leaves, because it took forever to do the entire thing out of individual leaf pillows.

I'm also eyeing some tan fabric that would make an adorable mushroom...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMG_1058[1].jpg We're still snowed in, so I'm still sewing! I'm sure my husband and cousin think I'm crazy, but I made this fleece digging pit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts